A number of default roles are defined in PRINCE2. Practitioners can tailor them based on their project environment, as long as they follow some rules; e.g. the Executive and the Project Manager roles shouldn’t be merged into one, while some others may.
The following are the default PRINCE2 roles:
- Project Board, a group of the following roles:
- Project Assurance, assures the interests of the primary stakeholders
- Change Authority, decides on some of the request for changes in behalf of the Project Board
- Project Manager, responsible for the day to day management of the project in behalf of the Project Board
- Project Support, helps the Project Manager in project management activities
- Team Manager, one or more people responsible for ensuring the quality and other variables of production in the teams