- Issue a unique reference for each quality activity
- Act as a pointer to the quality records for a product
- Act as a summary of the number and type of quality activities undertaken.
- The format and composition of the Quality Register will be defined in the Quality Management Approach
- Entries are made when a quality activity is entered on a Stage Plan for the current management stage. It may be updated when a Team Plan is created
- The remaining information comes from the actual performance of the quality activity
- The sign*off date is when all corrective action items have been signed off.
A Quality Register can take a number of formats, including:
- Document, spreadsheet or database
- Standalone register or a carry forward in progress review minutes
- Entry in a project management tool
- Part of an integrated project register for all risks, actions, decisions, assumptions, issues, lessons etc.
- A procedure is in place that will ensure that every quality activity is entered on the Quality Register
- Responsibility for the Quality Register has been allocated
- Actions are clearly described and assigned
- Entries are uniquely identified, including to which product they refer
- Access to the Quality Register is controlled
- The Quality Register is kept in a safe place
- All quality activities are at an appropriate level of control.