There are two levels of certification for PRINCE2:
Besides, there’s PRINCE2 Agile with its two levels of certification:
- PRINCE2 Agile Foundation
- PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner (advanced)
Check out PRINCE2 Agile wiki for more information about PRINCE2 Agile.
The purpose of the PRINCE2 foundation level is to provide the necessary knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method needed to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. It is best to have some experience working in a PRINCE2 project team before going for the next PRINCE2 Certification. The foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner certification.
Candidates can use classroom courses, eLearning courses or do self-study to prepare for the exam.
- Multiple choice (choose A,B, C,D)
- 75 questions per paper (5 test questions)
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) – 50%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book
PRINCE2 Certification Practitioner
The purpose of the practitioner level is to confirm you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a scenario situation.
Candidates canuse classroom courses, eLearning courses, or do self-study to prepare for the exam.
- Objective testing
- 8 questions
- 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available)
- 2.5 hours duration
- Open book (only the official PRINCE2 manual)