How to Become a PRINCE2 Trainer
Here are the steps to follow to become a PRINCE2 Trainer:
- Pass the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam.
- Pass the PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam.
- Find an existing PRINCE2 ATO (Authorized Training Organization) to sponsor you.
- Give a PRINCE2 Foundation course with support from an existing trainer.
- Request to become a PRINCE2 Trainer
- Pass the interview
Step 1: Pass the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam
This is the normal first step, however, you can skip to the PRINCE2 Practitioner Exams if you have any of the following certifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP)*
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)*
- IPMA Level A, B, C or D
Step 2: Pass the PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
- You need a score of greater than 66%, so make sure you don’t have to take the exam a second time to do this.
- It is best to have read the manual at least once cover to cover
- Also do as many scenario exercises as possible so you get into thinking like a PRINCE2 project manager.
Step 3: Find an existing PRINCE2 ATO to sponsor you
- You can find a list of ATOs on the PeopleCert or AXELOS sites
- Or you can also contact Frank Turley: [email protected]
Step 4: Fill in PeopleCert PRINCD2 Training Application form
- Ask the sponsor ATO to help you
- Click here: Click here to download form
Step 5: Give a PRINCE2 Foundation course with an existing trainer
- An existing trainer will allow you to give part of a PRINCE2 Foundation training
- This training can be recorded (video) and submitted to PeopleCert
- This video should show that you:
- Know and understand PRINCE2
- Can teach PRINCE2
- Can interact with students
Tip: Request the following from the ATO to make it easy for you.
- Classroom Slides
- Speakers notes for each slide
- Online PRINCE2 foundation course with text
Step 5: Request to be a PRINCE2 Trainer
- The ATO will apply to PeopleCert for you to become a PRINCE2 trainer
- Normally the ATO will charge between £500 to £1000 (€600-€1,200) to become a trainer.
- This is just a once off payment (not each year)
- The ATO will normally charge a fee of £100, €120 to keep the trainer active with PeopleCert
- PeopleCert will also do a telephone interview to check your PRINCE2 knowledge and here some tips for the interview:
- Be calm
- Have your slides in front you with labels for each chapter
- Have the manual in front of you and labelled
If you pass the assessment, you will be certified as an Approved PRINCE2 Trainer for 3 years. Before the end of the certification period, you will be re-assessed in order to check whether or not you continue to conform to the standards expected of an Approved PRINCE2 Trainer. So it is good to show that you are teaching, coaching or practicing PRINCE2.