This video discusses the following:
- How a PRINCE2 project starts
- The trigger for each project
- Where project ideas come from
- Two main outputs of the starting up a project process
- The first Project Board decision
How best to prepare for a PRINCE2 Foundation Course ?
Here are the steps which candidates are encouraged to take in preparation for the PRINCE2 Foundation exam.
Step 1: Video: The PRINCE2 Timeline course: 18 minutes
Before they start the PRINCE2 Foundation course, candidates are advised to watch | PRINCE2 Timeline video (20 mins), which is a high-level introduction to a PRINCE2 project delivered in a manner which makes it easy to follow and understand, and which provides important information that should be known by any candidate before continuing.
Step 2: Video: PRINCE2 Introduction Course: 58 minutes
The next step is to take an introduction course to the PRINCE2 Foundation course which again give a high level overview of PRINCE2 using the PRINCE2 process model. This is very helpful for people with little project management experience as they learn to appreciate how a typical project works and they also get a good basic introduction to the PRINCE2 vocabulary. Attention is given to the differences regarding individual learning styles, and for ease of learning the course is made available in different formats (PDF file, audio, & Q&A formats - 80 Q&A). This pre-course offers a solid introduction to PRINCE2, giving candidates valuable insight that will help them go easier through the next steps.
Contents you should expect from a PRINCE2 Foundation Course?
1) PRINCE2 Foundation Training Manual
Some training companies offer the official PRINCE2 manual (Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2) but this book is far too complicated for the PRINCE2 Foundation syllabus makes it a lot harder on the candidate to learn PRINCE2. The official Manual is meant to be a reference manual which is used by an acting PRINCE2 project manager when they are running a PRINCE2 project. The official manual should only be used if the candidate is studying for the PRINCE2 Particular Exam.
A PRINCE2 Foundation Manual should offer the following:
- Be a training manual and now a reference manual
- Written in simple English so people who are new to project management can read
- Provides lots of examples of management products as this will make it much easier to understand PRINCE2
- Cover and focus on the PRINCE2 Foundation syllabus and Exam, so you are well prepare for the Foundation Exam.
- Provide an overview of what is important to know for the exam at the end of each chapter
- Provide an overview of the type of questions to expect (chapter by chapter)
2: PRINCE2 Foundation Course Online
There are many companies that offer online PRINCE2 course packages and here is a quick check list that you can use to see what is included.
- PRINCE2 Foundation Online video course cover the complete PRINCE2 Foundation syllabus
- PRINCE2 Foundation Training Manual
- PRINCE2 Foundation Q&A Workbook (focus on important questions)
- Online Foundation Exam Simulator so you can practice online with > 300 sample questions
- Sample exams on paper (200 Q&A)
- Support from PRINCE2 trainers
- Study tips and study advice
- 20 PDU’s
Many PRINCE2 training companies just offer a very light video course and approximately 140 sample exam questions which is not great, so you could compare what is offered.
- PRINCE2 Foundation online training course
- PRINCE2 Practitioner online training course
- PRINCE2 Agile online training course
Other PRINCE2 Links
- PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Simulator - FREE
- Email awareness courses (PRINCE2, PMP, Scrum, Agile)
- PRINCE2 online - Compare all PRINCE2 online Foundation courses
PeopleCert runs the PRINCE2 Foundation exam and PRINCE2 Practitioner exam for the accredited training organisations (ATO) and these can be provided in the classroom or online.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.’