PRINCE2® is a project management methodology, applicable to all types of projects. PRINCE2 provides the steps you need to take in your project, and normal responsibilities of the team members. It’s customisable, so you can tailor and use for small and large projects.
Interested in learning more about PRINCE2? Check out the What is PRINCE2 article, or the detailed articles below:
- The main elements of PRINCE2:
- Extra information:
Free 18 Lessons - PRINCE2 Foundation Course
This video discusses the following:
- How a PRINCE2 project starts
- The trigger for each project
- Where project ideas come from
- Two main outputs of the starting up a project process
- The first Project Board decision
Foundation Exam Simulator - FREE
PRINCE2 in Practice - Using PRINCE2 -
This is the latest update of the PRINCE2 Sample Project. This free video course will show you how you can run a PRINCE2 project and you will see it is not as difficult as many people think. The main goal is to show you how easy it is to start using PRINCE2 and you can run a project using a minimum amount of information and documents.
PRINCE2 provides a set of "Management Products". They are explained in the themes and processes pages in this wiki. The following are simple templates for each Management Product:
- Benefits Review Plan Template
- Business Case Template
- Communication Management Strategy Template
- Configuration Management Strategy Template
- Plan Template (including Project Plan, Stage Plan, and Team Plan)
- Product Description Template
- Project Brief Template
- Project Initiation Documentation Template, aka PID
- Project Product Description Template
- Quality Management Strategy Template
- Risk Management Strategy Template
- Work Package Template
If you are interested in additional information on these templates, check out the article on PRINCE2 Templates.
Project management techniques are not part of PRINCE2; e.g. how to level resources.
For an overall understanding of how PRINCE2 works, check the article on Processes.
Projects IN Controlled Environments (PRINCE2®) is a process-based approach for project management that is recognized as an international standard. There are currently four certifications available for Prince2. For information regarding the methodology, the certifications type, as well as information about training courses and online exams, check out the article on PRINCE2 Certification.
PRINCE2 Agile Wiki Site
See What is PRINCE2