Introduction to PRINCE2
The official manual states that the PRINCE2® method consists of 4 main parts, or Integrated Elements. These elements are:
- PRINCE2 Timeline Video
- Core Principles: guiding obligations and good practices. Each project should take into account the 7 principles below (in other words, best practices or good project characteristics). In fact, a good way to evaluate a project is to ask the extent to which it is following these 7 principles.
- Themes: aspects of project management that should be addressed continually. PRINCE2 provides a good overview of how to address each of these aspects.
- Processes: a step-wise progression through the project lifecycle. This component provides information regarding which activities that are carried out at every stage during the project and by whom. It also answers the question What products are to be created and when? The processes are the reason why most people favour PRINCE2® over the PMBok as they provide a path through the project and make it easier to understand.
- Tailoring: the way PRINCE2 should be customized for a project. Tailoring answers one of the most common questions of a Project Manager: How do I best apply PRINCE2 to my project or my environment? Nevertheless, tailoring is not very well covered in either the Foundation or the Practitioner Courses, and it's an area where most people have issues as you need to have both project management and PRINCE2® experience to tailor a project.
You can find more about the PRINCE2 content on the PRINCE2 methodology page.
- PRINCE2 Foundation online training course
- PRINCE2 Practitioner online training course
- PRINCE2 Agile online training course
Other PRINCE2 Links
- PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Simulator - FREE
- Email awareness courses (PRINCE2, PMP, Scrum, Agile)
- PRINCE2 online - Compare all PRINCE2 online Foundation courses
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.