History of PRINCE2
From PRINCE2 wiki
Revision as of 08:57, 23 February 2016 by Frank
This article is also available in Spanish.
The following is a timeline of PRINCE2 and its origins:
- mid-1970s: PROMPT Methodology created in Simpact Systems Limited (a private sector company). PROMPT stands for Project, Resource, Organization, Management, and Planning Technique.
- early 1980s: CCTA (Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency in the UK) licenses the PROMPT Methodology.
- 1989: CCTA enhances PROMPT and renames it into PRINCE. PRINCE stands for PROMPT in the CCTA Environment.
- 1996: The first release of PRINCE2, and its certifications
- 2000: CCTA was integrated into OGC (Office of Government Commerce).
- 2009: Latest release of PRINCE2
- 2013: the ownership of PRINCE2 was transformed to AXELOS