Daily Log Template
Download Daily Log Template
Daily Log is just a simple document - no template provided
A Daily Log is used to record informal issues, required actions or significant events not caught by other PRINCE2 registers or logs. It acts as the project diary for the Project Manager. It can also be used as a repository for issues and risks during the Starting up a Project process if the other registers have not been set up. There may be more than one Daily Log as Team Managers may elect to have one for their Work Packages, separate from the Project Manager’s Daily Log.
Advice Entries are made when the Project Manager or Team Manager feels it is appropriate to log some event. Often entries are based on thoughts, conversations and observations. A Daily Log can take a number of formats including a Document or Spreadsheet; Desk diary or log book; Electronic diary/calendar/task lists or Entry in a project management tool.
The following quality criteria should be observed:
- Entries are sufficiently documented to be understandable later (a short note might make sense at the time, but will it in several months’ time?)
- Date, person responsible and target date are always filled in
- Consideration has been given to access rights for the Daily Log (e.g. should the Daily Log be visible to everyone working on the project?).
|Date of Entry||Problem, action, event or comment||Person Responsible||Target Date||Results|
- Daily Log Template on mplaza.training
- Daily Log is just a simple document - no template provided
- PRINCE2 Foundation online training course
- PRINCE2 Practitioner online training course
- PRINCE2 Agile online training course
Other PRINCE2 Links
- PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Simulator
- Email awareness courses (PRINCE2, PMP, Scrum, Agile)
- PRINCE2 online - Compare all PRINCE2 online Foundation courses