Checkpoint Report Template
Download Checkpoint Report Template
A Checkpoint Report is used to report, at a frequency defined in the Work Package, the status of the Work Package.
Advice The Checkpoint Report is derived from the: Work Packages; Team Plan and actuals and the previous Checkpoint Report A Checkpoint Report can take a number of formats, including: Oral report to the Project Manager (could be in person or over the phone); Presentation at a review meeting (physical meeting or conference call); Document or email issued to the Project Manager; Entry in a project management tool.
The following quality criteria should be observed:
- Prepared at the frequency required by the Project Manager
- The level and frequency of progress assessment is right for the stage and/or Work Package
- The information is timely, useful, objective and accurate
- Every product in the Work Package, for that period, is covered by the report
- Includes an update on any unresolved issues from the previous report.
|Date of Checkpoint|
Follow ups from previous periods
(for example action items completed or issues outstanding)
This reporting period
|Product Ref||Product name||Work undertaken||Date Completed|
(activities undertaken this period)
(Add text here)
Next Reporting Period
|Product Ref||Product name||Work to be undertaken||Date to be Completed|
(activities planned for this period)
Work Package Tolerance Status
(How execution of the Work Package is performing against its tolerances (e.g. cost/time/scope actuals and forecast)
Issues and Risks
(Update on issues and risks associated with the Work Package)