Project Board The Project Board consists of the Executive, the Senior User and the Senior Supplier. Only one person can be the Executive while both the Senior User and Senior Supplier’s roles may be assigned to one or more persons. The Executive owns the Business Case and has the final word on decisions that are taken, so the Project Board is not a democracy.
The Project Board has the following duties:
- To be accountable for the success or failure of the project.
- To provide unified direction to the project and Project Manager.
- To provide the resources and authorize the funds for the project.
- To provide visible and sustained support for the Project Manager.
- To ensure effective communication within the project team and with external stakeholders.
In real life, far too many projects have Project Boards that don’t understand their role and don’t provide the Project Manager with proper support.
The Project Board Roles
- PRINCE2 Foundation online training course
- PRINCE2 Practitioner online training course
- PRINCE2 Agile online training course
Other PRINCE2 Links
- PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Simulator - FREE
- Email awareness courses (PRINCE2, PMP, Scrum, Agile)
- PRINCE2 online - Compare all PRINCE2 online Foundation courses