PRINCE2 Re-Registration Exam
The PRINCE2 Re-Registration Exam is based on regulation that all Registered Practitioners should be re-registered 3-5 calendar years after attaining their certification. This exam is designed to confirm the Practitioner’s knowledge of the PRINCE2 method and to ensure they stay up to date with the latest version of the PRINCE2 methodology.
- Objective test format
- Multiple choice and multiple answer questions based on a scenario
- 3 question per paper – 10 marks available per question
- All question items are worth 1 mark, and there are 30 total number of marks available
- 55% passing score (17 marks required to pass)
- 60 minutes duration (no reading time)
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only)
- Online, computer-based exam
Exam Difficulty and sample questions
The re-registration exam has fewer questions than the Prince2 Practitioner exam but the questions are of similar composition and difficulty as in the original test. Do not underestimate this test just because it has a smaller number of questions!
Below you can find an example of question that you can expect to see on this test: Example:
Exam Delivery Format
There are three delivery formats for Prince2 Re-Registration exam:
- Online scheduled exam at your desired time and date with Examination Institutes (APMG International, EXIN, CSME, PeopleCert being the most renowned)
- Computer-based, with an invigilator in the same location
- Paper-based exam in Public Examination Centers with the invigilator in the same location.
Note: The following are key requirements for the online exam:
- Webcam, microphone, and speakers, for online proctoring
- Windows XP or higher, or Mac OS X10 or higher
- A web browser with Adobe Flash Player
- A reliable Internet connection that is fast enough
- A quiet room with closed doors, without related posters on walls or related books/notes on the desk, and with all radio, TV, mobile phones, and computers other than one used for the exam off
- Having a photo ID with you
Detailed information on exam requirements and a test script for your hardware and Internet connection will be send to you from your elected Examination Institute.
All Practitioners who have taken the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam since October 2000 have agreed or are agreeing to take the re-registering exam after 3 to 5 years, as part of their initial application and so are now designated as Registered Practitioners. If you have the PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification and you do not take or you fail to pass the Re-registration Examination after 5 calendar years as a Registered Practitioner, it will result in withdrawal of your registered status. You can take the Re-Registration exam anywhere from 3 to 5 years from your initial PRINCE2 Practitioners Exam in order to ensure that you will have a valid certificate in your CV.
If you need to take the PRINCE2 Re-Registration exam you will need to provide evidence of your previous PRINCE2 Practitioner Certificate.
The main Resource for the re-registration exam is the official PRINCE2 manual, Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2. In addition, other valuable resources include:
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Course by Frank Turley
- The PRINCE2 Sample Project(FREE)
- How to use PRINCE2 in a project(FREE)
Preparation for the Exam
You can buy the Re-registration exam online along with the self-study course, one day classroom revision workshop, multimedia e-learning course, interactive quizzes and mock exam simulators etc., depending on the Accredited Training Organization which provide the learning material and exam. The ATO provides a voucher to the candidate, using which they can take the exam in one of the Examination Institutes website. Others can buy the exam from the ATOs or Examination Institutes separately and undergo the same process.
There is a difference between pricing plans for the re-registration exam because different ATO’s have different prices and include different learning packages along with the exam. The price influences many things, such as: location, how much support you are getting during the learning process, and of the material offered in preparation for the renewal examination. The price is higher for a package containing a 4-day or 1-day classroom preparation than for the package containing the self-study course or the e-learning course. So if you want to learn by yourself you will pay a smaller fee.
You get the preliminary result immediately after the end of the exam. The formal result will be emailed to you in maximum 2 weeks (usually in less than a day).
- When you buy a voucher for the PRINCE2 Re-registration exam, it is valid 12 months from the date of the purchase.
- If you do not pass this exam, you can take another as soon as you like by purchasing a new one.
- If you need to extend your exam validity, you can purchase an Exam Extension Ticket. This ticket covers a one month exam extension and with this ticket you can extend your exam time validity for one month. Using this ticket it is possible to extend the validity up to 2 months. You have to buy a new exam voucher after that.
- PRINCE2 Foundation online training course
- PRINCE2 Practitioner online training course
- PRINCE2 Agile online training course
Other PRINCE2 Links
- PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Simulator
- Email awareness courses (PRINCE2, PMP, Scrum, Agile)
- PRINCE2 online - Compare all PRINCE2 online Foundation courses
PeopleCert runs the PRINCE2 Foundation exam and PRINCE2 Practitioner exam for the accredited training organisations (ATO) and these can be provided in the classroom or online.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.