PRINCE2 Practitioner Sample Exam
All approved PRINCE2 Training providers offer the same two Sample PRINCE2 Practitioner Exams. It is possible to get one of these exams directly from the AXELOS website.
Four full PRINCE2 Practitioner Sample Exams
AXLESOS offers two PRINCE2 Practitioner Sample Exams: FX02 & FX03. These are also provided by all PRINCE2 training companies. In addition, Management Plaza also provides two extra PRINCE2 Practitioner Exams. These exams are included in MPlaza's PRINCE2 Practitioner Online Training. Furthermore, this PRINCE2 Practitioner online training also includes tips on how to interpret the project scenario which is important to learn how to do.
DOWNLOAD PRINCE2 Practitioner Sample Exams
Six Tips for the PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
1. Label and understand the structure of the manual: The Practitioner exam is an open book examination and therefore you can quickly reference the manual during the exam. Tip: You should be looking things up and not reading your PRINCE2 manual. If you understand the structure of the PRINCE2 Practitioner manual and know how to quickly refererence information, you will get another 6%-8% score.
There are eight questions (each with a number of parts) in 2.5 hours so you will not have time to relax and read the text. You need to know exactly where to go in the manual and find the information as quickly as possible. This is the reason why you should consider using labels.
You can purchase labels and then write on them. Various types of labels can be found, in different colors.
Another suggestion is to print and use the labels provided by Henny Portman. As you can see the section names area already printed on the labels.
2. Attempt at least four Practice Exam Papers: It is strongly advised to immerse yourself into the PRINCE2 Practitioner and a good way to do so is to do the Practitioner Exam papers. PRINCE2 requires the candidate to have a clear understanding of the topic and syllabus, and the practice questions are there to bring you through all the important parts of the PRINCE2 Practitioner Syllabus and provide a scenario for each exam.
The Practitioner Exam requires you to have a strong base knowledge of PRINCE2 and of how PRINCE2 can be applied and tailored in different circumstances. During the exams you will be applying PRINCE2 to a given scenario – so you have to take the project scenario into account when answering the questions, otherwise you may answer incorrectly.
Learn how to read and understand the scenarios provided in the exam so you can easily detect the different types of information (E.g. Business Case, Organization, Requirements, Quality, etc.).
3. Manage your time: Life may be short but time management during the PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam is critical. Your aim is to complete all 8 questions, including all parts, which mean a total of 80 line items in 2.5 hours.
You can consider applying the 15-minute ruling to a question and this will give you a 25 minute buffer that you can use to review the additional information or spend a few more moments on some questions that need attention.
Make sure to attempt all questions and not just the first questions you see. There is no negative marking in the Practitioner Exam and this is another reason to attempt all questions.
4. Read the question, read the choices and then answer the question: Be on the look for absolute answers such as ALL, ALWAYS, NEVER, MUST and ONLY as these are a usual giveaway that they are not a good option to choose. Use the simple process of elimination technique – you should be able to eliminate the “non-PRINCE2” answers and this will make it easier to choose from the possible answers that are left.
5. Get familiar with the PRINCE2 project documents: You should have a basic understanding of how some of the PRINCE2 management documents are used in a project (e.g. Project mandate, Project Brief, Project Product Description, Product Description, Plan, Highlight Report).
- Use the FREE PRINCE2 Sample Project to help you understand how to use these documents
- Use the following First PRINCE2 Project course and this will show you how you can use PRINCE2 in a simple project
6. Understand the different types of question formats:
PRINCE2 Practitioner Sample Exam Project Scenario – FX02
There has been a reduction in the number of orders at the MNO Manufacturing Company due in part to the increased marketing activities of its competitors. To help counter this, the company has decided to create a promotional calendar for next year for all its current and prospective customers. The end product of this project will be a prepared calendar pack, ready for printing. The design of the calendar will be similar to one sent out previously, and must reflect the company image as described in the existing corporate branding standards. Another project is currently producing a new company logo which is to be printed on each page of the promotional calendar. The prepared calendar pack will consist of:
- Design for each month – correctly showing all public holidays and new company logo
- Selected photographs – 12 professionally-produced photographs, showing different members of staff
- Selected paper and selected envelope – for printing and mailing the calendar
- Chosen label design – a competition to design a label will be held as part of this project
- List of customers – names and addresses of customers to whom the calendar will be sent.
- PRINCE2 Foundation online training course
- PRINCE2 Foundation Exam
- PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Simulator
- Email awareness courses (PRINCE2, PMP, Scrum, Agile)
- PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Simulator - FREE
- PRINCE2 online - Compare all PRINCE2 online Foundation courses
PeopleCert runs the PRINCE2 Foundation exam and PRINCE2 Practitioner exam for the accredited training organisations (ATO) and these can be provided in the classroom or online.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.’