PRINCE2®: There are a number PRINCE2 manuals and this PRINCE2 manual page will provide an overview of the following manuals:
- PRINCE2 Foundation Training Manual
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Training Manual
- PRINCE2 Official Manual - Managing Successful Projects
- PRINCE2 Official Manual - Directing Successful Projects with PRINCE2
PRINCE2 Manual: Foundation Training Manual
This PRINCE2 Foundation Training Manual PRINCE2 Foundation manual is 100% focused on the PRINCE2 Foundation Syllabus and th includes all the information you need to get familiar with PRINCE2 and to prepare for the PRINCE2 Foundation course and exam.
The main objective of this PRINCE2 Foundation manual is to help the reader to get a good understanding of PRINCE2, pass the PRINCE2 exam and get the PRINCE2 Foundation Certification. This is the only PRINCE2 PDF manual that is focused on the PRINCE2 Foundation syllabus and therefore the only manual needed to learn PRINCE2 & pass the Foundation exam.
The official PRINCE2 manual (Managing Successful Projects) from AXELOS is a reference manual (not a training manual) but can be rather difficult to read if you are new to project management or PRINCE2 and it should not be used to prepare for the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam as you only need about 30% of the information. Still many PRINCE2 training companies incorrectly give the official manual to candidates studying for the PRINCE2 Foundation exam which is very wrong. This is why this PRINCE2 PDF manual (Foundation Training Manual) has already become the #1 book for people who are preparing for the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam.
How this Foundation Training Manual different from the official AXELOS PRINCE2 manual?
- It is a training manual while the AXELOS official manual is a reference manual
- It provides many examples of Management Products (this makes PRINCE2 easier to understand as you can see project examples)
- It is focused on the PRINCE2 Foundation syllabus and Exam, so you are not learning stuff you don't need for the Foundation Exam
- It provides an overview of what is important to know for the exam at the end of each chapter which is very important
- It provides an overview of the type of questions to expect (chapter by chapter)
- It is also available in PDF format making it easy to search and you can also print this.
PRINCE2 Sample Projects:
PRINCE2 Sample Projects: The PRINCE2 Sample Project is a must for any person who is preparing for the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam. It is important to have a good understanding of the PRINCE2 management documents (Business Case, Product Description, Project Brief, ..) and how they can be used in project . The PRINCE2 sample project provides an example of many of the PRINCE2 documents. It is a pity that they are only two others examples of PRINCE2 projects available, the PRINCE2 Sample Project and Your first PRINCE2 Project.
PRINCE2 Official Training Manual: Managing Successful Projects
This is the official PRINCE2 manual and you are allowed to use this manual during the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam as it is an open book exam. However, there is normally little time to use it. It is available in paper and PDF formats but the PDF version is rather limited and can only be printed once.
This manual has been designed to be a role specific handbook (reference manual to keep on your desk) for Project Managers, Team Managers and Project Support. However I think the manual is not practical for Team Managers or Project Support roles.
It explains the principles that underpin PRINCE2; describes the seven PRINCE2 processes and ‘Key Themes’ of project management, specific to PRINCE2, that are required for the processes to be effective; cross-references techniques that may be applied. The manual also explains how to tailor the method (which is not easy to do unless you have both PRINCE2 and project management experience); and, provides context of when and how to use PRINCE2 for different project environments (e.g. standalone or as part of a programme).
This PRINCE2 manual contains chapters on the PRINCE2 Processes: 1) Starting Up a Project, 2) Directing a Project, 3) Initiating a Project, 4) Controlling a Stage, 5) Managing Product Delivery, 6) Managing Stage Boundary and 7) Closing a Project. In addition, the guidance also looks at the wider role of the Project Manager, including: some soft skills of the project manager; leading and managing; stakeholder engagement and communication planning; organisational change management; PRINCE2 in different types of organisation and cultures; and, training needs for project teams.
This title includes just a few real world examples and illustrations in each chapter. However it does contain extensive appendices on the following topics:
- Product Descriptions;
- Role Definitions – Responsibilities
- Product Based Planning example
- Health Check (good process to check a project)
PRINCE2 Official Manual: Directing Successful Projects with PRINCE2
This PRINCE2 manual is the "companion" of Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2. Although the two titles have a different focus (one if for the Project Manager and the other is for the Project Board), they share much of the key content regarding the PRINCE2 methodology. For this reason, it's not necessary to go through both these PRINCE2 training manuals in order to attain a good understanding of PRINCE2.
Designed as a role specific handbook and addressing senior managers as well as project board members (Senior User, Senior Supplier and Executive), this book provides detailed information on how to use PRINCE2 in project management. In so doing, it presents and discusses techniques which allow the use of the PRINCE2 method.
Beside providing an overview of PRINCE2, this manual contains chapters on the Project Board duties and behaviours, as well as its activities which include the decisions they have to make:
- Starting up a project;
- Authorise initiation: First decision after Start-Up
- Authorise the project: Decision after the Initiation phase
- Authorise a stage or exception plan: Decision at the end of each stage
- Give ad hoc direction: Giving feedback and advice to the Project Manager during the project
- Authorise project closure: Last decision to close the project
- Reviewing benefits: This is another way to control the project
- Tailoring PRINCE2: Checking to see how PRINCE2 has been tailored to suit the project
The title includes real world examples and illustrations, together with extensive appendices on:
- Product Description Outlines
- Role Descriptions
- Free 2 hour PRINCE2 2017 introduction course
- PRINCE2 2017 Foundation Exam
- PRINCE2 online - Compare all PRINCE2 online Foundation courses
PeopleCert runs the PRINCE2 Foundation exam and PRINCE2 Practitioner exam for the accredited training organisations (ATO) and these can be provided in the classroom or online.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.’