The latest release of the PRINCE2 framework was in 2009 and this release was already fully compatible with agile approaches to project management. However this was not very evident and many people still see PRINCE2 as a Waterfall approach to project management, which is incorrect. So there was a need to show how PRINCE2 could be Agile and this led to the development of the PRINCE2 Agile extension module for PRINCE2 Practitioners.
It is best to see PRINC2 Agile and as an agile version of the PRINCE2 manual showing how PRINCE2 can be used in an agile way and providing guidance on how to apply agile methods. Therefore PRINCE2 Agile is an extension module tailored for organizations and individuals already benefiting from PRINCE2. PRINCE2 Agile was designed in order to help PRINCE2 Practitioners tailor the management controls to Agile specifications and at the same time help Agile practioners understand how to use PRINCE2. As with PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile is designed to be applied by PRINCE2 Practitioners to all types of projects within any industry sectors.
PRINCE2 Agile is supported by an exam and certification and delivered by AXELOS accredited training providers.
Key benefits of PRINCE2 Agile for your career:
- Improved position in the job market and career progression.
- Recognized international Agile qualification which demonstrates your ability to apply best practice approaches to managing any and every kind of project.
- A broad understanding of all of the key agile concepts and how these blend seamlessly into the PRINCE2 methodology.
Key benefits of PRINCE2 Agile for your organization
- Agile methods allow organizations to realize the benefits of products and potentially an earlier return on investment.
- Improved communication thanks to a common terminology across PRINCE2 and agile disciplines.
- Develop a clear definition of how agile can govern a project’s delivery, whilst PRINCE2 governs projects as a whole.
The PRINCE2 Agile certification is only available to people who have already the PRINCE2 Practitioners certification. About 50% of the PRINCE2 Agile guidance is new material and shows you how PRINCE2 and agile methods can interact and be adapted to accommodate each other in order to benefit overall management of projects.
- PRINCE2 Agile Wiki : Devoted to PRINCE2 Agile
- PRINCE2 Agile Awareness Course : FREE Awareness Course by Nader K Rad
- PRINCE2 Agile Preview guide from AXELOS
- PRINCE2 Agile online training course
PeopleCert runs the PRINCE2 Foundation exam and PRINCE2 Practitioner exam for the accredited training organisations (ATO) and these can be provided in the classroom or online.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.