History of PRINCE2
This article is also available in Spanish.
The following is a timeline of PRINCE2 and its origins:
- mid-1970s: PROMPT Methodology created in Simpact Systems Limited (a private sector company). PROMPT stands for Project, Resource, Organization, Management, and Planning Technique.
- early 1980s: CCTA (Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency in the UK) licenses the PROMPT Methodology.
- 1989: CCTA enhances PROMPT and renames it into PRINCE. PRINCE stands for PROMPT in the CCTA Environment.
- 1996: The first release of PRINCE2, and its certifications
- 2000: CCTA was integrated into OGC (Office of Government Commerce).
- 2009: Latest release of PRINCE2
- 2013: the ownership of PRINCE2 was transformed to AXELOS
- PRINCE2 Foundation online training course
- PRINCE2 Practitioner online training course
- PRINCE2 Agile online training course
Other PRINCE2 Links
- PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Simulator - FREE
- Email awareness courses (PRINCE2, PMP, Scrum, Agile)
- PRINCE2 online - Compare all PRINCE2 online Foundation courses
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.